About Us and Contact Information:
Why you should choose Breakthrough Systems!
We employ only college educated professionals, certified to industry standard requirements in their respective disciplines. For example, Jim Clauson - the owner of Breakthrough Systems is a CIW Certified Master Web Site Designer and a certified web instructor. His certifications include: eBiz+, IT Project+, Net+, and iNet+. In addition, he has a Doctorate in Information Technology Management, a Masters in Engineering and a Masters in Business.
The title of these pages state: "Delivering web site development, hosting and support since 1995" Really? If you believe everyone's web sites these days, the owner/developer/creator/webmaster has been on the net since, well... forever.
First, a quick history of related technologies:
- 1964 - 1st time share computer network
- 1965 - military initiates transition from vacuum tube to transistor computers
- 1969 - UNIX operating system released
- 1979 - 1st public BBS (Bulletin Board Service)
- 1989 - internet 'invented'
- 1990 - 1st browser, non-graphical
- 1990 - first web page created
- 1991 - Windows 3.x - adds mouse & multimedia
- 1991 - Prodigy's online service allows 30 emails/month
- 1992 - Lynx, a text-only browser released
- 1993 - 1st graphical browser, Mosaic
- 1993 - AOL for Windows launches
- 1994 - Mosaic adds HTML inline images and forms
- 1994 - Netscape hits the streets
- 1995 - Netscape adds tables
Where do we fit in, historically?
- 1967 - converting military computer systems from vacuum tube to transistor (RTL logic)
- 1976 - began designing NCR personal computers
- 1974 - began managing UNIX TSO operations
- 1974 - built first electronic calculator kit
- 1976 - began managing IBM S/34-S/36 shop
- 1978 - built first somputer from kit
- 1980 - bought first commercial computer
- 1981 - became active in BBS community
- 1981 - started first computer services bureau
- 1993 - began running Listserv mailing lists
- 1994 - built first text-based web site
- 1994 - began running workshops on how to access the internet and use email
- 1995 - built first graphical web site
- 1995 - hosted first web site
- 1995 - began writing monthly internet magazine column
- 1995 - made presentation at internet security conference
- 1998 - wrote first book on internet resources
- 1998 - ran web development workshops in US, Wales, Scotland, and England
When "they" say that have been doing this or that with the net or computers or technology - ask for them for specifics. Mine are above.
You are a professional and your business is important. Trust a professional.